Local Services For Massachusetts Raccoon Removal Services
- 1 Local Services For Massachusetts Raccoon Removal Services
- 2 Removing a Raccoon Nest
- 2.1 Humane Raccoon Traps
- 2.2 Basics of Trapping - Trapping 101
The important proactive approaches to preventing raccoon problems are minimize access to suitable foods, shelter and water. Also, preventing a raccoon problem and their associated property damage may require trapping and removing the animal. It is important to understand that, while there are many effective and safe methods to prevent raccoons, it always is best to seek advice, recommendations and help from your pest management professional. Source
The first component of a prevention program is inspection. To determine what is required, the homeowner needs to be sure that raccoons are the culprit and find where their activity is occurring. Evidence of raccoons on the property includes:
- Fecal droppings (scat)
- Seeing raccoons either roaming the property and entering or exiting a den site
- Garbage containers overturned or opened by raccoons as they feed on waste foods.
- Noises from raccoon activity such as movement on the roof or in the attic, especially at night since raccoons are nocturnal and usually more active during the hours of darkness.
Removing a Raccoon Nest
There are lots of deterrents advertised on the internet and in stores that supposedly will tell you how to get rid of raccoons. Very few of them if any actually work. For example moth balls do not work , nor does the urine of dogs, wolves or other animals. In fact all that they do is smell up your house even more than the raccoons do. We tried them and know from experience.
So how do you get rid of raccoons? Do not buy all of the things that are advertised on the internet or even in the hardware stores. In fact, traps are not even worthwhile investing in. We will explain some of the reasons why and also how to get rid of raccoons.
Once the raccoons are gone, be very careful repairing raccoon damage and entering attic spaces. Breathing the feces or raccoon scat can cause organ damage and death. In the dry air of your attic, these feces break down, become dust like and when disturbed will float in the air for you to breath. Hire professionals to clean up the attic if they have been there for some time. You may have to replace the insulation and the air vents over the soffits if there is a lot of damage. For more information on repairing damaged caused by raccoons and other associated topics visit our web site.
Best Solutions for Keeping Out A Raccoon From Your Property
How Vulnerable Is My Home to Raccoon Invasion?
Raccoons - Cute, But Potentially Dangerous!
Humane Raccoon Traps
If you have a raccoon that is frequenting your garbage, you need to look into getting raccoon traps to relocate the pest far away from your home. There are a few different no-kill raccoon traps that are great for catching raccoons safely.
The best way to avoid trouble with raccoons is to be sure that your house, garbage cans, and other parts of the property are raccoon-proof. You can also use various repellents, as well, to keep them away. However, you may already have a problem and need to take care of it.
As most people live somewhat close to their neighbor's, it is best to use a live trap. This way, if you were to catch your neighbor's beloved cat instead, you could simply release it and try again the next day. More than likely, explaining to your neighbor how their cat died will not be good for your neighborly relationship. Live traps can be bought at nearly every hardware or gardening store.
When you have both baited and set the trap, be sure to put some water in there for the raccoon, in case you cannot immediately release the animal. Now that you know how to operate humane raccoon traps, you can begin to catch and release the raccoons that have been plaguing you.
Why Do You Need Help With Raccoon Removal?
Raccoon Control Services
Wildlife Trapping Service For Raccoons
Basics of Trapping - Trapping 101
Raccoons pose a problem to residents of urban areas in north America. They have adapted perfectly in the urban setting and are now considered to be pests. Removing such an animal has become popular since these mammals find shelter near or inside our houses.
Attics and chimneys are the best place for these critters to make a house out of, while it will be overturning garbage cans, taking pet food from kitchens and fruits from trees, making a ruckus with household animals (e.g. dogs, cats), a raccoon could always be transmitting rabies. Due to all the above reasons, home owners generally don't like having them around. People who are unfortunate enough to have raccoons in their homes need to take some necessary steps to get rid of them without angering animal rights advocates.
There are many ways to enforce raccoon removal. It is up to you to decide which one is the best. Be sure to select a method that is somewhat humane. Their removal doesn't necessarily mean that the animals must be harmed.
Raccoons, 'Possums And My Cat Spike!
How Much Does Raccoon Removal Service Cost?
Getting Rid of Raccoons
- Raccoon Removal Amherst Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Attleboro Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Boston Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Brockton Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Cambridge Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Cape Cod Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Fitchburg Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Framingham Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Greenfield Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Leominster Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Lowell Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Milford Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal New Bedford Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Pittsfield Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Plymouth Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Springfield Massachusetts
- Raccoon Removal Taunton Massachusetts
- Raccoon Control Worcester Massachusetts