Local Services For Florida Raccoon Removal Services
- 1 Local Services For Florida Raccoon Removal Services
- 2 Raccoons - Cute, But Potentially Dangerous!
- 2.1 Raccoon Removal Company
- 2.2 Nuisane Raccoon Control Company
The important proactive approaches to preventing raccoon problems are minimize access to suitable foods, shelter and water. Also, preventing a raccoon problem and their associated property damage may require trapping and removing the animal. It is important to understand that, while there are many effective and safe methods to prevent raccoons, it always is best to seek advice, recommendations and help from your pest management professional. Source
The first component of a prevention program is inspection. To determine what is required, the homeowner needs to be sure that raccoons are the culprit and find where their activity is occurring. Evidence of raccoons on the property includes:
- Fecal droppings (scat)
- Seeing raccoons either roaming the property and entering or exiting a den site
- Garbage containers overturned or opened by raccoons as they feed on waste foods.
- Noises from raccoon activity such as movement on the roof or in the attic, especially at night since raccoons are nocturnal and usually more active during the hours of darkness.
Raccoons - Cute, But Potentially Dangerous!
The Facts about Raccoons
With their dark mask and mischievous curiosity, raccoons always seem to be up to no good. The raccoon is a nocturnal mammal, which means that it spends majority of its night scavenging for food. As a result of this, many individuals wake up the next morning to find their trash scattered across their front yard. Raccoons prefer wooded areas near a water source as this is their natural habit, however, they have adapted extremely well to the urban environment. Instead of making their home in a tree, they often nestle in accessible areas in your home such as an attic or chimney, or underneath a deck, house or shed. Because raccoons are nocturnal, it may take a long time to even know that you have a raccoon problem. However, if a raccoon has made it into your home, it will not take long to hear them scurrying about over your head. At this point it's a good idea to call a professional pest control company that handles raccoon removal.
Damage Caused by Raccoons
It may be hard to imagine how a raccoon can get into your attic but low hanging or adjacent branches to your house provide easy access. Raccoons are relentless pests, so anything exposed or that can be detached, such as shingles, roof vents, chimneys, or fascia boards offer a potential entrance into your home. Raccoons find attics to be a great environment to raise their young because of the warmth they provide and the abundance of materials that can be used to build a nest. They will rip insulation off the attic walls and chew through electrical wires, as well as destroy air ducts. They will use your attic as a restroom; feces will begin to pile up and urine will seep down to your ceiling. If given the opportunity raccoons will raise multiple litters in your attic, so early detection and raccoon removal is crucial.
It is important to shop around to make sure you find the best pest control company to perform the raccoon removal as some provides services that others do not. Some companies offer exclusion, remediation, trapping, damage repair and preventative techniques. It's also important to find a company that handles pests humanely and responsibly.
Humane Raccoon Removal
Humane raccoon removal involves the placement of specialized traps in key areas of infestation that are monitored over a period of time. Once captured, strict state guidelines are followed to ensure the least amount of stress on the animal. After all of the pests are safely and humanely removed from the home, the pest control company can then perform the necessary clean up, damage repair and preventative measures involved with proper raccoon removal.
Raccoons are destructive animals, but all is not lost if you find one taking up residence in your home. One call to the right pest control company can make the raccoon removal process quick and easy for both the homeowner and pest.
Wildlife Removal Company For Raccoons
Basics of Trapping - Trapping 101
Raccoon Damage Repairs
Raccoon Removal Company
If you hear noise and rustle in your attic at night for sure you having deal with uninvited guests, such as raccoons. Usually mother raccoons are looking for warm and dry place to give birth to their offspring hence they find the attic very proper place. If you have this problem you should get rid of them immediately. There are the most common methods can be used to remove raccoons' nest.
One way that can be used in removing a raccoon nest is to place a radio that has been set to a talk radio station in the surrounding area of their nest. The sound of a human voice is very effective in driving raccoons away. The radio does not have to be necessarily loud, you could start with a low volume and if you do not succeed in flushing them out, you should try increasing the volume and leave the radio on day and night.
Once the raccoons are out of the chimney, you should install a strong steel chimney cap to discourage them from returning. You should also ensure that all the accesses to your home have been properly sealed and remove food from their environment. By adding a splash of ammonia to your trash cans, you will discourage the raccoons from scavenging for food that you have disposed in the trash cans. If the raccoons lack food they will relocate to a place where they can find food and water.
How to Get Rid of Raccoons
Wildlife Removal Service For Raccoons
Raccoon Control Services
Nuisane Raccoon Control Company
Raccoons are nocturnal animals. They are usually black in color, and have a black tail with rings. They weigh around 10 to 20 pounds. They usually reside in forests, in barns, chimneys or even your attic. If you live near a forest, it is likely that a raccoon will one day knock over your trashcan looking a food source. They are opportunistic feeders, and so can be a real nuisance. Raccoons are omnivorous, so they feed on vegetables and poultry. There are various methods that will help you get rid of raccoons:
Fencing will help exclude the raccoons from your property to do this, set up a two-wire electric fence that is connected to a DC battery. Also make sure that you install a temporary chimney cap. Since raccoons are nocturnal, they will not be able to gain access to your chimney when you are asleep. Make sure that you use a trashcan with a tight lid. Raccoons are usually attracted by the smell of your trash. Purchase a metal or plastic trashcans, which is difficult to open. You can also put a rock on top of the trashcan to make sure that the raccoon does not knock it over. Alternatively, you could put the garbage in containers sealed with bungee cords. Make sure you double bag foods that have intense smell such as meat, fish, etc. Most pests have an acute sense of smell, and they will be attracted to your trash. You can also spray the garbage with a repellent to disguise the smell of meat.
This is the least preferred method. The most common is attracting the raccoon with food and trapping it in a cage or a box. However, some provinces have very strong regulations on trapping. If the province does not allow this, you could be prosecuted for violating animal rights!
It is also very dangerous to deal with raccoons face to face. They could be carrying germs, roundworms or rabies. You can even get leptospirosis from the raccoon feces. Another problem with this is that they are wild animals. A raccoon could decide to be defensive and hurt you.
This is the safest method. The Pest Control staff will deal with the vermin more effectively and without legal repercussion.
How Much Does Raccoon Removal Service Cost?
How to Get Rid of Raccoons
Attic Clean Out Services For Raccoon Damages
- Raccoon Control Alafaya Florida
- Raccoon Control Altamonte Springs Florida
- Raccoon Removal Apopka Florida
- Raccoon Control Boca Raton Florida
- Raccoon Control Bradenton Florida
- Raccoon Control Brooksville Florida
- Raccoon Control Cape Coral Florida
- Raccoon Removal Clearwater Florida
- Raccoon Removal Clermont Florida
- Raccoon Removal Coral Springs Florida
- Raccoon Control Daytona Beach Florida
- Raccoon Control Delray Beach Florida
- Raccoon Removal Deltona Florida
- Raccoon Removal Destin Florida
- Raccoon Removal Fort Lauderdale Florida
- Raccoon Removal Fort Myers Florida
- Raccoon Control Fort Walton Florida
- Raccoon Control Gainesville Florida
- Raccoon Removal Hernando Florida
- Raccoon Removal Hialeah Florida
- Raccoon Control Hobe Sound Florida
- Raccoon Control Hollywood Florida
- Raccoon Control Homestead Florida
- Raccoon Removal Homosassa Springs Florida
- Raccoon Removal Inverness Florida
- Raccoon Removal Jacksonville Florida
- Raccoon Removal Key West Florida
- Raccoon Control Kissimmee Florida
- Raccoon Removal Lake City Florida
- Raccoon Removal Lake Mary Florida
- Raccoon Control Lakeland Florida
- Raccoon Removal Leesburg Florida
- Raccoon Removal Marco Island Florida
- Raccoon Control Melbourne Florida
- Raccoon Control Miami Florida
- Raccoon Control Naples Florida
- Raccoon Removal New Port Richey Florida
- Raccoon Removal Ocala Florida
- Raccoon Control Orange County Florida
- Raccoon Control Orlando Florida
- Raccoon Removal Oviedo Florida
- Raccoon Control Palm Coast Florida
- Raccoon Control Pasco County Florida
- Raccoon Removal Pembroke Pines Florida
- Raccoon Removal Pine Ridge Florida
- Raccoon Removal Port Charlotte Florida
- Raccoon Removal Port St. Lucie Florida
- Raccoon Control Royal Palm Florida
- Raccoon Removal Sanford Florida
- Raccoon Control Sarasota Florida
- Raccoon Removal Spring Hill Florida
- Raccoon Control St. Augustine Florida
- Raccoon Control St. Cloud Florida
- Raccoon Control St. Petersburg Florida
- Raccoon Control Tallahassee Florida
- Raccoon Control Tampa Florida
- Raccoon Control Titusville Florida
- Raccoon Control Vero Beach Florida
- Raccoon Control Wesley Chapel Florida
- Raccoon Removal West Palm Beach Florida
- Raccoon Control Winter Garden Florida
- Raccoon Control Winter Haven Florida
- Raccoon Control Winter Park Florida